Holy Rosary

421 Carmel Dr. Lafayette

do you have a construction project we can help with?

Holy Rosary

The original Greek Revival building, now surrounded by other modern school buildings, was founded in 1913 by Reverend Philip Keller and the Sisters of the Holy Family.

The institute was initially built in order to provide vocational and technical education for black females. It also served as a Normal School to train teachers for rural black schools. In 1947, it became a co-ed facility. Enrollment began to decline in the 1960s and in 1974, the boarding facilities were closed.[4]

The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 3, 1980.[1]

The school was closed in 1993. After a series of plans to restore the building fell through, funding for restoration was acquired and groundbreaking began on the project in late 2020. Diversified Construction of Louisiana was Contracted to help demo and restore the building in 2023- present.

Project Details

CLIENT

Holy Rosary

PROJECT TYPE
CONTRACTOR

Diversified Construction

Project Gallery

Get A Quote Today